<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><rss version="2.0" xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
<title>E28-Forum - Re: 0 261 200 061 Motronic on 8:0 compression M30 engine - would it work?</title>
<link>http://e28-forum.lewonze.de/forum/</link>
<description>E28 Forum</description>
<language>de</language>
<item>
<title>Re: 0 261 200 061 Motronic on 8:0 compression M30 engine - would it work? (Antwort)</title>
<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><br />
Als Antwort auf: <strong>0 261 200 061 Motronic on 8:0 compression M30 engine - would it work?</strong> von Robert RO (1986 E28 535i am 14. Mai 2003 15:51:55:</p>
<blockquote><p>I am sorry for writting this in English, but my German is very poor.<br />
I have a 1986 535i with the &quot;green&quot; 8:0 compression 185HP M30 engine.<br />
The standard Motronic SteuergerÃ¤t for this car is code 0 261 200 059.<br />
I removed the &quot;kat&quot; and O2 sensor from the car, and I run open loop now. <br />
I intend to install the 0 261 200 061 SteuergerÃ¤t, specific to the higher compression 218HP M30 engine, instead of the original 0 261 200 059, in the idea of getting some more HP out of the engine.<br />
What's your opinion? Would this work with nice results? Any problems I should have in mind?<br />
I would highly appreciate any reply. You can also write in German - I can manage reading it :)</p>
</blockquote><p>Hello Robert,</p>
<p>It is no Problem to remove the catalytic converter,but to change the Motronic is not good for your Engine,because there are other general technical data for the lower compression engine.<br />
You can kill the engine!<br />
The better way is you you drill an inside thread for your O2 Sensor into your first waste gas pot,and connect the O2 Sensor normaly.<br />
The driving power is a little bit higher than with catalytic converter,and your fuel consumption is lower!<br />
And your engine got a longer live!</p>
<p>Greetings<br />
Ralf</p>
]]></content:encoded>
<link>http://e28-forum.lewonze.de/forum/index.php?id=19060</link>
<guid>http://e28-forum.lewonze.de/forum/index.php?id=19060</guid>
<pubDate>Wed, 14 May 2003 15:01:23 +0000</pubDate>
<category>Allgemein</category><dc:creator>Ralf</dc:creator>
</item>
<item>
<title>0 261 200 061 Motronic on 8:0 compression M30 engine - would it work?</title>
<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I am sorry for writting this in English, but my German is very poor.</p>
<p>I have a 1986 535i with the &quot;green&quot; 8:0 compression 185HP M30 engine.<br />
The standard Motronic SteuergerÃ¤t for this car is code 0 261 200 059.</p>
<p>I removed the &quot;kat&quot; and O2 sensor from the car, and I run open loop now. <br />
I intend to install the 0 261 200 061 SteuergerÃ¤t, specific to the higher compression 218HP M30 engine, instead of the original 0 261 200 059, in the idea of getting some more HP out of the engine.</p>
<p>What's your opinion? Would this work with nice results? Any problems I should have in mind?</p>
<p>I would highly appreciate any reply. You can also write in German - I can manage reading it :)</p>
<p><br />
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/robert_sgi/m535i.html">My car</a><br />
</p>
]]></content:encoded>
<link>http://e28-forum.lewonze.de/forum/index.php?id=19059</link>
<guid>http://e28-forum.lewonze.de/forum/index.php?id=19059</guid>
<pubDate>Wed, 14 May 2003 13:51:55 +0000</pubDate>
<category>Allgemein</category><dc:creator>Robert RO (1986 E28 535i</dc:creator>
</item>
</channel>
</rss>
