<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><rss version="2.0" xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
<title>E28-Forum - I solved it out</title>
<link>http://e28-forum.lewonze.de/forum/</link>
<description>E28 Forum</description>
<language>de</language>
<item>
<title>I solved it out (Antwort)</title>
<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><br />
Als Antwort auf: <strong>Re: After a heavy rain and deep water - engine problems...</strong> von  Jochen am 26. Juli 2003 17:17:28:</p>
<p><br />
Thanks for your reply.<br />
I have found the culprit. It was an oxidized contact at the large Motronic connector. Unbelivable. When I drove through the water, a lot of steam came in the pessenger compartiment through the vent holes. Removing and then replugging the cable connector to the Motronic unit solve it out.</p>
<blockquote><p>Hi Rob,<br />
If you get some water in your Ignitionsystem,is there only one solution.You have to screw down your Ignitioncap(?) and dry it.There is no air-change inside,thats the reason why it needs a very long time for drying.<br />
I hope I could help you.</p>
</blockquote>]]></content:encoded>
<link>http://e28-forum.lewonze.de/forum/index.php?id=22123</link>
<guid>http://e28-forum.lewonze.de/forum/index.php?id=22123</guid>
<pubDate>Sun, 27 Jul 2003 12:21:07 +0000</pubDate>
<category>Allgemein</category><dc:creator>Robert RO (1986 E28 535i</dc:creator>
</item>
<item>
<title>Re: After a heavy rain and deep water - engine problems... (Antwort)</title>
<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><br />
Als Antwort auf: <strong>After a heavy rain and deep water - engine problems...</strong> von Robert RO (1986 E28 535i ) am 25. Juli 2003 13:09:50:</p>
<p><br />
Hi Rob,<br />
If you get some water in your Ignitionsystem,is there only one solution.You have to screw down your Ignitioncap(?) and dry it.There is no air-change inside,thats the reason why it needs a very long time for drying.<br />
I hope I could help you.</p>
<p><br />
</p>
]]></content:encoded>
<link>http://e28-forum.lewonze.de/forum/index.php?id=22095</link>
<guid>http://e28-forum.lewonze.de/forum/index.php?id=22095</guid>
<pubDate>Sat, 26 Jul 2003 15:17:28 +0000</pubDate>
<category>Allgemein</category><dc:creator> Jochen</dc:creator>
</item>
<item>
<title>After a heavy rain and deep water - engine problems...</title>
<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Dear friends,</p>
<p>I think I screwed it this time.<br />
Yesterday it rained VERY heavy in my area. The city's obsolete sewerage system couldn't handle it, so there was a 2..3 cm high film of water covering most of the streets.<br />
The problem is that I noticed too late that I drove into a lower street area, and all of a sudden have found myslef in deeper water, about as high as to the center of the wheels. (Yes, I know, stupid me).<br />
The water trap was about 100m long.</p>
<p>I drove slowly out of it, but immediately after that a problem developed: the engine has a serious hesitation between 1800 rpm and 3000 rpm. It simpky doesn't want to pull, as if there isn't enough gas, or spark.<br />
Otherwise, it idles fine, and pulls strong above 3000 rpm. Full throttle and no throttle is all right, but light throttle is a nightmare.</p>
<p>I waited one day hoping that it will eventually dry out and pass over it. Well, it didn't.</p>
<p>I would highly appreciate any suggestions about the probable culprit.<br />
Please note that, although I have the 185HP engine, I run it without cat and O2 sonde.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.geocities.com/robert_sgi/">http://www.geocities.com/robert_sgi/</a><br />
</p>
]]></content:encoded>
<link>http://e28-forum.lewonze.de/forum/index.php?id=22046</link>
<guid>http://e28-forum.lewonze.de/forum/index.php?id=22046</guid>
<pubDate>Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:09:50 +0000</pubDate>
<category>Allgemein</category><dc:creator>Robert RO (1986 E28 535i )</dc:creator>
</item>
</channel>
</rss>
