After a heavy rain and deep water - engine problems... (Allgemein)
Dear friends,
I think I screwed it this time.
Yesterday it rained VERY heavy in my area. The city's obsolete sewerage system couldn't handle it, so there was a 2..3 cm high film of water covering most of the streets.
The problem is that I noticed too late that I drove into a lower street area, and all of a sudden have found myslef in deeper water, about as high as to the center of the wheels. (Yes, I know, stupid me).
The water trap was about 100m long.
I drove slowly out of it, but immediately after that a problem developed: the engine has a serious hesitation between 1800 rpm and 3000 rpm. It simpky doesn't want to pull, as if there isn't enough gas, or spark.
Otherwise, it idles fine, and pulls strong above 3000 rpm. Full throttle and no throttle is all right, but light throttle is a nightmare.
I waited one day hoping that it will eventually dry out and pass over it. Well, it didn't.
I would highly appreciate any suggestions about the probable culprit.
Please note that, although I have the 185HP engine, I run it without cat and O2 sonde.